Since we began our Essay Competition in 2013, our agenda has been the same, to champion and sustain a national conversation for creative writing for social change. The themes usually revolve around self-actualization, fulfilment and purpose. If this speaks to you and you want to take up the challenge, you’re welcome to be a part of this year’s contest. We didn’t forget to mention it. Nope. Great fortune await 4 winners.
- Open to All // 500 WORDS (first category)
- 18-35 years // 750 WORDS (second category)
Young and Cerebral
How Will Your Raw Idea Change The World?
About A Popular Nigerian I Consider Self-Actualized
Smartphones, Laptops and Writing courses. Winners will also have the opportunity to access Young & Cerebral resources for their growth and development.
7th June, 2018
Rules for Application
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with these in mind: MSWord format
With the participant’s Full Details
(Full Names, Age, Gender, E-mail Addresses, Phone Contact, School/Institution, State of Residence).
- Only Successful participants will be contacted.
- Judging/evaluation criteria:
As with other editions, in the Young & Cerebral Essay Competition 2018, a percent system will be applied in to simplify the writing competition, make judging more objective, and more easily understood. The following criteria will be applied:
- Creativity/Critical thinking
- Adherence to Topic
- “Wow!” Factor
- The competition is open to citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- All participants must be legal residents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The participant must be aged between 18-35 years for the second category.
- The essay must be typed in Microsoft Word
- The essay submitted must not be more than five hundred words (500 Words) and Seven hundred and Fifty words (750 words) respectively. Failure to comply with this WILL lead to automatic disqualification.
- All entries must be written in English language.
- The participant must only apply based on the topic that should be submitted electronically. Multiple applications WILL be disqualified.
- You cannot write for both categories.
- The participant’s bio-data shall be used by Young & Cerebral for publicity purposes.
- Plagiarism WILL NOT be permitted. All entries must be properly referenced.
- NOTE that information from the following websites is not allowed as forms of reference for this competition: Wikipedia or any wiki links site. Your research must reflect appropriate and relevant reviewed journals and legitimate websites.
Follow all our social media pages: @youngcerebral on Facebook, Instagram &Twitter.
Visit website for more information.
The Posting Format of Inspire Crib has been used in this publication. In the event of any republication on your website, please indicate a back-link to this post.
Writing Coach. Award-winning Writer. Author of Conquering Your Illusions: a path to self-discovery. Connect with me on Facebook and Twiter