Since its inception in 2011, the prize has been judged by such celebrated poets as Deborah Landau, Mathew Sweeney and Billy Collins. Winners of the prize have included Lee Sharkey, Abigail Parry and Ann Gray, whose poem was shortlisted for the Forward Prize for Best Single Poem in 2015.
The Prize is open to anyone (over 16)
The Moth Magazine
1st position: €10,000
3 runner-up: €1,000
31st December 2017
Rules for Application
- Entry fee is €12 per poem
- The name of the author must not appear on the same page as the poem.
- It’s not a requirement, but we strongly advise you to purchase a copy of The Moth.
- Entries must be in English, typed, with each entry on a new sheet.
- Entries will not be returned, so make sure you keep a copy.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, or fees refunded.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published online or broadcast.
- You can enter as many poems as you like (at a cost of €12 per poem).
- This year’s judge is Daljit Nagra. The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
- Print ENTRY FORM, fill in and then post with fee and entry to:
- Enter ONLINE
The Posting Format of Inspire Crib has been used in this publication. In the event of any republication on your website, please indicate a back-link to this post.