We’ve decided to provide a college scholarship of $1,000 to the proud winner of our contest.
We don’t care about your gender, age, race or nationality. Our only requirement is that you should be a current high school/college/university student.
Answer the following questions in your essay:
- Who is the Penster?
- What is his/her story?
- Why does our world need heroes like him/her?
Bear in mind: There is no need to answer the questions directly. Your answers could be traced all over the writing. For example, you could write about a real person that deserves the rank of the Penster (but don’t forget to explain why you consider him/her worthy of this title). You could also create a legend, a myth or a fairy tale and write about that. Or, if it suits you better, you could write a whole research paper on this topic.
A college scholarship of $1,000 to the proud winner of the contest.
May 31, 2016.
Rules for Application
- Write a creative narrative essayin English (400-500 words).
- Send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the essay, add all of your contact information:
- attending college/high school
- year of graduation
- phone number
- Wait for us to contact you by June 15, 2016, because if you get a note from us – you are the winner!
- The recommended essay type would be narrative writing, but we give you complete freedom to express yourself in your own way. So don’t limit yourself to the suggested narrative writing, which normally would suit this task best.
- Do not write about yourself and don’t try to explain why you deserve to win the scholarship. We only care about the quality and creativity of your writing. Your reasons for participating and the explanations on why you need the money are not relevant in this case.
- Any point of view is acceptable. However, there must be no racism, sexism or fascism in your story. It is really hard to get these things into an essay about the Penster, so please don’t try to do it ☺.
- If you use clichés, use amusing ones. It is also okay to use slang as long as your writing style requires it. However, we would strongly recommend you to avoid profanity.
- You don’t have to stick to academic style in this essay – you have enough of that in college, after all. So be creative.
- All essays will be reviewed by June 10, 2016. We will contact the winner by the 15th of June and discuss how we will transfer the money.
Visit website here
The Posting Format of Inspire Crib has been used in this publication. In the case of any republication on your website, please indicate a backlink to this post.
Writing Coach. Award-winning Writer. Author of Conquering Your Illusions: a path to self-discovery. Connect with me on Facebook and Twiter