The aim of the Essay Writing Contest is to give students the opportunity to demonstrate their writing talents and win an award for them.
Our Essay Writing Contest is not only about finding people who can write well. Indeed, the aim of the contest is to identify individuals who have both critical thinking and writing skills. The 2016 Essay Writing Contest focuses on two aspects:
- The ability to think critically
- The ability to express thoughts clearly and logically
Participants must be students of any educational institution in any location. Academic level and major do not matter.
Write one essay on one of following three topics:
- Why do you think it is important for students to improve their essay writing skills?
- How can having less homework help improve learning?
- Are the requirements of academic writing too strict? Should writing be simpler for students?
Scholarships of $1800 in total will be awarded to the best three essay writers:
1st place — $800
2nd place — $600
3rd place — $400
Winners get more than just significant cash prizes—their talent will be recognized by our proficient writers and editors, and their works will be published on the Custom-Writing Blog.
10th December, 2016
Rules for Application
- Essay requirements:
- Has a word count of 450 – 650 words (excluding footnotes, bibliography, title page, and article title)
- Is written in US English
- Contains no plagiarism
- Has a file name of “Essay Writing Contest_Last Name”
- Is submitted in .doc or .docx format
- Has a bibliography that lists two or more peer-reviewed sources and no sources older than five years
- Uses the APA formatting style
NB: Your essay must contain all required elements of APA formatting style:
- Title page formatted correctly
- Header with running head and page numbers on each page
- References page
- Each participant can earn 100 points in total.
- All works will be checked by the team of professional writers and editors at Custom-Writing.org.
- Review the grading criteria below to make your essay perfect:
- Correct APA style — 20 points
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation— 20 points
- Focused content — 20 points
- Clear expression of thought and style — 20 points
- Strong organization — 20 points
- On December 28, 2016, the best 15 essays will be published on the Custom-Writing Blog, where readers will have the opportunity to help us determine the three winners.
- Each reader will be able to vote for his or her favorite essay by sharing it only once on each social media account: Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
- Online voting will last until midnight EST on January, 18, 2017.
- Taking into consideration the results of online voting and the grades from our expert writers and editors, we will determine the final three winners of the Essay Writing Contest
- Winners will be announced on January 20, 2017, on the Custom-Writing Blog.
- To receive a prize, winners must provide proof of enrollment. In case the winner is unable to provide proof of enrollment, the prize will be given to the next eligible participant.
The Posting Format of Inspire Crib has been used in this publication. In case of any republication on your website, indicate a back-link to this post.
Writing Coach. Award-winning Writer. Author of Conquering Your Illusions: a path to self-discovery. Connect with me on Facebook and Twiter