We are an online writing school with three country-specific branches offering over 30 specialist online writing courses run by multi-award-winning authors, journalists, scriptwriters, poets and copywriters. From journalism to creative writing courses to writing for the web, our courses offer one-to-one tuition at an affordable cost. We long to see your entry.
We offer no-nonsense, practical, challenging training for writers who are serious about getting published. We use award-winning, professional writers as our tutors who provide expert feedback for every line you write.
The competition is open to any writer, anywhere.
The Writers College
Write us a 1000-word story about your journey as a writer. Make it funny, quirky and/or inspirational.
We will publish the best story in our quarterly newsletter and on our blog.
Also, the winner receives $200 (R1000 or £100).
September 30, 2015 (12 pm)
Rules for Application
- When submitting your story:
- Use a font size 11 or 12
- Use good-sized margins all around the text
- 5 line spacing
- Make sure your paragraphs are clearly separated, either using an open line between paragraphs (our preference), or indenting the first line using tab, and
- Stick to the word count of 1000 words, give or take a few words.
- We prefer receiving entries as Word or Wordpad documents.
- Otherwise, copy and paste your text into the body of an email and submit your piece that way.
- Send your story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forward all further inquiries and questions to email@example.com.
The Posting Format of Inspire Crib has been used in this publication. In the case of any republication on your website, please indicate a backlink to this post.
To receive updates on latest essay contests straight into your e-mail subscribe to my FREE Newsletter:
[yks-mailchimp-list id=”24172bc319″ submit_text=”Yes! Send Me Latest Essay Contests”]